Re: GtkTextBuffer is merging my tags

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 16:49 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > there seems to be some optimization on the GtkTextBuffer which causes
> > automatic merging of GtkTextTags. Is there a way to turn this off? Or
> > some workaround?
>
> I suppose you can work around this by creating different tag objects for
> different list items, and applying them instead of a general "list-item"
> tag.  That way GTK shouldn't be allowed to conflate them.

Thank you for your answer. It looks like this is the way to go, or maybe
I should leave this kind of information completely out of the
TextBuffer?!

Originally I was more hoping for something like:
gtk_text_buffer_eat_tags(buffer, FALSE);  :)

I'll try your idea and I will test it with as structure like this:

<list>
  <list-item-a>xxx</list-item-a>
  <list-item-b>yyy</list-item-b>
  <list-item-a>zzz</list-item-a>