RE: New On-screen keyboard developer needed

>Features:
>- configurable keyboard layout
>- ability to switch among several layouts (using one of keyboard's key and also using kind
>of API)
>- precise size of keys and space calculation (pixel resolution)
>- key labels as a text and pixmap (for backspace, layout switch etc.) as well
>- configurable font for key labels (for each key - so maybe pixmaps are not really needed
>for labels)
>- dual labeled keys (default and with shift modifier) - "nice to have" feature
>- simple configurable look (colors of keys during all various states, shadows, background,
>gradients etc.)
>- chinese/korean/japanese language and arabic (RTL) language support
>- integrated(?) IME (can't use ibus because of python)
>- the keyboard will be probably rendered using cairo thus I need some speed optimization
>(offscreen pre-rendering etc.)
>
>Unfortunately it quite urgent (1-2 months).
>
>If you are interested drop me a private mail, please.
>Thanks a lot.
>Jaroslav

Hi Jaroslav

I have a project called FVKBD created for Moblin (now MeeGo) at
http://gitorious.org/fvkbd

It almost got every thing you need. Take a look at it ;)

Btw. you can found most of the configurable elements at layout/fvkbd.dtd

== Feature definition quote from our internal doc, not yet reorganized and put on gitorious ==

The keyboard should be able to support different layout through configure files.

The layout configure files should be able to cover most of the keyboard behaviors, including but not limited to: font, color, size, key position, key function, key appearance etc.

More fancy UI setting might include: key press popup notification, usr defined bg image for keyboard and key, custom shaped keyboard and key, transparency setting etc.

The key should be able to be configured to support: send a key, send a text string, invoke an external program and be able to be extend by calling scripts etc.

The other features including: be able to be embedded with Input Method, support multiple panel windows

Raymond