Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Print dialog hangs for several seconds before activating

On Jun 9, 2010, at 12:32 PM, Shawn Bakhtiar wrote:

For some reason the Print dialog hangs for several seconds before fully activating. During this period I am unable to push any buttons and on my OS X 10.6.3, I get the little color wheel. After a few seconds, The dialog pops bigger, with several added tabs show up at the top (printer info).

jhbuild info

Name: gtk-i386
Module Set: gtk-osx-universal
Type: autogen
Install-date: not installed
Version: 2.18.2
Tree-ID: 2.18.2-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
Required-by: meta-gtk-universal

Name: glib
Module Set: gtk-osx
Type: autogen
Install-date: 2010-03-22 16:31:17
What architectures did you build? It sounds like it's changing dialog boxes for some reason. There was an article on MacOSXHints the other day about the beachball: It apparently means that the app with focus isn't retrieving its user events, which can happen for a variety of reasons, including that it's writing out a crash report.

The only way I can think of to see what's going on is to debug it, stop its execution when it goes into beachball, and look at the
backtrace. Pay  particular attention to signals.

Good luck!
Regards,
John Ralls