[Gtk-osx-users] Glade 32 bit has no widgets

Stephen said:

> > As part of the build, we also made a 32 bit build of Glade to
> > make life easier for our developers. This runs, but gives a vast
> > number of "widget-xxx not found" messages, and no icons appear
> > in the left hand panes of Glade.
> >
> > This makes me think that some path or environment variable is
> > not set. Can anyone give us a clue?

John replied:

> Is this in a bundle or still running from the command
> line? If a command line, did you remember to start a
> jhbuild shell to run glade in so that it can find all of
> its pieces?

This was the from the standard OSX command line.

The problem seems to be that gtk-osx has to be built by a
special user because MacPorts are installed. Switching to the
user that built gtk-osx and running from a jhbuild shell works
fine.

Now what should we do after switching users back in order to run
Glade?

Being an under-caffeinated idiot before coffee this morning I
was back as the gtk-osx builder and just typed
  gtkosx$ jhbuild
which appeared to perform an update.

Even after a rebuild of glade3
  gtkosx$ jhbuild build glade3
Glade-3 now fails to run, complaining that it needs
 libpixman-1.0dylib v22
and has v21.

So now I only have two problems
1) How to rebuild gtk-osx and or glade3
2) How to run glade-3 for other users

Life would be so much easier without users!

Regards, Stephen
P.S. Sorry for the response delay - I was waiting for the digest
and assumed it was daily.
--
Stephen Pelc, stephen mpeforth com
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691

believed to be clean.