Re: [gtk-osx-users] Application launching in the background

On Sep 15, 2012, at 9:54 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk hohndel org> wrote:

> On September 15, 2012 9:50:47 AM John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 15, 2012, at 4:23 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk hohndel org> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I seem to remember reading about this somewhere early on when I started
>> > porting Subsurface to the Mac, but then lost track of it and now can't seem
>> > to find any discussion of the topic anymore.
>> >
>> > When I start my Gtk application it doesn't become the foreground application
>> > - the user has to click on it to make it the active application. That's obviously
>> > highly undesirable.
>> >
>> > Can the app make itself the foreground app? Does this require some other
>> > magic?
>> >

>> How are you starting  your app?
>
> Right now usually from the command line, but the same happens if I start it from finder

Depending on how you launch from the command-line, it can be expected behavior (if you specifically call your launcher script or the executable, but not if you use "open"). That it's happening from Finder suggests that your app bundle might not be set up right. Did you create it with gtk-mac-bundler?

Regards,
John Ralls