Re: [gtk-osx-users] Building on PPC fails

On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Steffen Gutmann <muibase yahoo com> wrote:

>> Failing any better resolution, change
>
>> if (GDK_WINDOW_IMPL_QUARTZ (drawable) == GDK_WINDOW_IMPL_QUARTZ
>> (GDK_WINDOW_OBJECT (_gdk_root)->impl))

>> if 0
>>
>> and see if it works. If it does, I'll wrap it in an availability macro and
>> provide a patch.
>

> Yes that works, but I also had to "#if 0" out the conflicting code. The compiler seems not to be intelligent enough to not require the conflicting symbols.  The code now reads:
>
>       if (0) // GDK_WINDOW_IMPL_QUARTZ (drawable) == GDK_WINDOW_IMPL_QUARTZ (GDK_WINDOW_OBJECT (_gdk_root)->impl))
>         {
> #if 0
>           /* Special case for the root window. */
>  CGRect rect = CGRectMake (src_x, src_y, width, height);
>           CGImageRef root_image_ref = CGWindowListCreateImage (rect,
>                                                                kCGWindowListOptionOnScreenOnly,
>                                                                kCGNullWindowID,
>                                                                kCGWindowImageDefault);
>           rep = [[NSBitmapImageRep alloc] initWithCGImage: root_image_ref];
>           CGImageRelease (root_image_ref);
> #endif
>         }
>
> Later in the build, it stumbles over an undefined symbol in gtkprintbackendcups.c:
>
> gtkprintbackendcups.c: In function 'add_cups_options':
> gtkprintbackendcups.c:538: error: 'ppd_coption_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
> gtkprintbackendcups.c:538: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> gtkprintbackendcups.c:538: error: for each function it appears in.)
> gtkprintbackendcups.c:538: error: 'coption' undeclared (first use in this function)
> gtkprintbackendcups.c:542: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ppdFindCustomOption'
>
> I added the line
>
> autogenargs = autogenargs + ' --disable-cups'
>
> to ~/.jhbuildrc-custom, re-configured and re-built the module and now it compiles through to the end.

Tiger provides a version of cups that's too old. That's mentioned in the build instructions on GnomeLive. If you disable cups, then your users won't be able to print, so you should add a module to your project to build a more recent cups.

Interesting side-note: Apple seems to have become the principal developer of cups, and the OSX 10.8 developer release last winter included development snapshots that broke Gtk.

Regards,
John Ralls