Re: xsub apidoc ordering RFC

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:15:19 -0500 (EST), Ross McFarland wrote:
muppet said:
to further exacerbate things, what if the (get_|set_) prefix was
ignored for the sake of sorting? that way get and set would be together,
and the things they set would be alphabetized.

i think the answer might be to replace set/get with nothing, remove them.
but i don't know what that will do for the alphebetical order, i'll have
to play some more with it.

How about moving the get_/set_ to the end, so that each pair is sorted
consistently?

  @$xsubs=sort {
    for(my $at=$a->{symname}, my $bt=$b->{symname}){
      s/^new/\x00/;

      s/^(get|set)_(.*)/${2}_$1/ for $at,$bt;
      # Or replace with /\xff${2}_$1/ to sort all accessors at the end
    }

    $at cmp $bt;
  } @$xsubs;

--
        Peter Haworth   pmh edison ioppublishing com
"For an industry which can boast of having some of the brightest people on