Re: Async signals and GMainLoop

--------- Original Message ---------

DATE: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:00:36
From: muppet <scott asofyet org>

the key thing to note here, however is the "at strategic 'safe' points"
*later* in the script's execution.  that means control must return to
the interpreter for your handler to run.  in your test case, the SIGINT
comes when the interpreter is blocking on the call to
g_main_loop_run()...  the interpreter never reaches the point where it
sees that it needs to run the handler!

This is ok in my case since the actual scripts are going to be waiting on timers that can last up to minutes
between bursts of processing network data. That should be similar to option b), w/o explicitly setting up a
no-op timeout. I agree that deferred signals are a good idea.

Thanks for digging into this!

Regards
Sameer

Check out the new EudoraMail at