[GtkGLExt] Swapping GdkGlContexts

Hello,

I'm a new member to the list, and I swear I've tried searching this in the archives, but I believe it's broken. Excuse me if this is a beginner's question, and please don't throw those pointy stones just yet. :)

I have this application that runs multiple threads to create OpenGL textures. Rendering is done on a separate thread, and the other ones are there to speed up the loading process. Textures are loaded in the background and contexts are swapped when the viewpoint requires it. Currently I'm using Windows-specific functions to take care of retrieving and creating new contexts, but as I would like my Gtk application to be truly multi-platform, I'd prefer to use gdk_glcontext_new to take care of that work. Is there any way to create new OpenGL contexts and switch between then WITHOUT having to resort to creating another widget (which won't be realized), writing many callbacks or waiting for idleness on the main thread? I really want to keep it trully parallel

It's working right now using Windows-specific functions, as previously stated, but I'm holding on to hope and waiting for something magical from GtkGLExt to come up. If I failed to be clear, let me know. I'll try my best to elaborate.

Thanks in advance,

-Vitor.