Re: compiling into mo

On 20-Mar-12 8:34 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Johan Samyn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for this nice tool. Is there any chance that the possibility to
>> (automatically, on save, f.i.) compile the translation at hand into the
>> appropriate mo file will be added any time soon ? That feature would
>> come in very handy.
> Handy? Um, maybe. I wanted that too until I figured out that in order
> to test my translation I need to 'sudo cp' it to a directory anyway.
> Suddenly 'make && sudo make install' with subsequent ArrowUp + Enter
> for repeated build/copy of the MO file looked compelling :)
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org

I'm sure that works fine for you, Alexandre. But for a start, I'm on
Windows. And I just want to _use_ a translation tool. For translating,
and then check the ongoing work, which requires a mo file. Not all
translators are necessarily hackers too.
Mind, I have a tool on Win that auto-compiles mo files when saving the
po file. But as I like the ui of gtranslator more for doing the actual
translation work, I would like that feature in gtranslator too. If I
didn't like gtranslator, I wouldn't even bother to write to the mailing
list. I just want the best of both worlds.
Johan

"Perfection seems to be achieved, not when there is nothing more to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away." - A. de Saint-Exupéry