Re: [guppi-list] Re: major goose breakage coming soon to CVS

    Jon> Hmm... this is an objection to "unsigned" that I've never
    Jon> heard before.  I couldn't find anything akin to this in a
    Jon> quick check of Stroustrip, 3rd ed.

    Jon> To me it is just four less characters to type, but has
    Jon> anybody else ever encountered anti-"unsigned" sentiments?

I don't care for C++, but I tend to put "unsigned int" for great
clarity, since my embedded code frequently uses unsigned short.  The
number of letters I type is less important than the code clarity.

But the GNU coding standards make no mention of it (at least, a search
for the string "unsigned" in standards.info reveals nothing).