Re: Mounting a path with GVFS

Hi! Sorry I don't know the internals of GNOME, so I posted in the wrong
place and used wrong terminology.

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 04:37 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
[...]
> Basically, the way I now think it's going to work this week, is that
> you'll be able to create "server bookmarks", e.g.
>
>  URI:   ftp://user some server:2121/tmp
>  Name:  TMP on some.server
>  Icon:  some-themed-icon
>  Flags: show_on_desktop + show_in_places

Thanks a lot, this look exactly as what I want. Questions:

1. Will the name of a mount appear as a path in $HOME/.gvfs/$NAME ??
This is an important issue to me.

2. Will this functionality be available in libgvfscommon/gvfs-mount ??

3. I want to access GVFS functionality through DBUS, not libgvfscommon.
Is this possible? I couldn't find any info about the dbus objects, so I
had to look the code and reverse engineering using dbus-monitor ...

4. How can I help? I could implement one or more items of the above list
for example, just need some little tips on starting developing for gnome
the same way as you guys do (like: hey! download garnome and this is my
git repository and this is the bug/issues site for this kind of
development).

--
Aldrin Martoq <amartoq dcc uchile cl>
http://aldrinvideopodcast.podshow.com/