Re: Problem: The unlocked device does not have a recognizable file system on it

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:44:42AM +0100, tom handler wrote:
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply,
so I tried your suggestion with udisksctl:

$ udisksctl mount -b /dev/sdc1 (It's another external drive with sdc1 as
luks)

Object /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sdc1 is not a mountable
filesystem.
---
So I tried unlocking it with unlock:

~$ udisksctl unlock -b /dev/sdc1
Passphrase:
Unlocked /dev/sdc1 as /dev/dm-1
----
Unlocking LUKS works, but mounting dm-1 still fails:

$ udisksctl mount -b /dev/dm-1
Object /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/dm_2d1 is not a mountable
filesystem.

sudo mount /dev/dm-1 /mnt/test <-- works as expected

So it seems udisksctl mount doesn’t work either.

I did a pastebin with the output of gvfs-mount -li:
http://pastebin.com/rajgtBCL

So, where do I go from here?

thanks for your help!

Well it would appear that gvfs is recognizing it as a mountable volume
(from the gvfs-mount output).

AFAIK gvfs proxies mounts of local disks through udisks, and given that
udisks is failing to mount the device, the problem lies there.  Maybe
try asking for help on the udisks mailing list?

Regards
--
Ross Lagerwall