Re: Time -> Money Tracking

On 7 May 2010 06:27, Jean-Philippe Fleury <contact jpfleury net> wrote:
Ryan Jefferson a écrit le 2010-05-06 16:05 :
> I have patched hamster for my personal use to include a current profit
> next to the time tracking.  As a freelancer, this motivates me to work a
> little harder.  I was wondering the possibility of something like this
> accepted upstream?
>
> The Toolbar: [ 0:30 $15.00 Project One ]
>
> The drop down also includes the days total earnings.
>
> I could add a little configuration interface to turn this off and on as
> well as set rates. Ideas?

Personally I'm a freelancer too, and I would find this functionality
very useful.

I am also a freelancer however I charge different rates for different clients, even different rates for different jobs sometimes, so if a charge per hour was going to be attached to something I think it would have to be attached to a category so each category could have its own per hour amount. However personally I wouldn't find this feature that useful - as I still have to take my times over to gnucash and enter them in there against a rate which calculates the amount charged to the client so I can produce an invoice for them.

And I agree with Patryk, its certainly not going to motivate you to work harder, just longer ;)

Thanks
Alex