Re: [HIG] REVIEW: My first-pass review of HIG - Section 7

> Section 7.1 Mouse buttons

>         I'd argue that we'd be better off just mapping the middle button
>         to Paste; that's what it seems to do in most cases in X.  But
>         perhaps I'm missing more sophisticated uses?

Well, currently the desktop has its own use for the middle mouse button,
as do some applets (well, DeskGuide at least).  My proposal for applets
would at least mean the latter is bogus, but presumably the former is
semi-legitimate-- although you could argue that pasting the contents of
the clipboard onto the desktop would actually be quite a useful thing to
be able to do instead.

Cheeri,
Calum.