Re: project status

Hi Erwin,

First of all, I'm sorry for the delay on replying your message.

> I was wondering what the status is for the migration of Hildon to gnome?
> The website mentions something like a mid September release, is that
> going to happen or was that wishful thinking ? :-)

The migration process (in the Nokia side) is taking more time than we expected.

I don't want to say "yes" or "no" to the September release because I
just not sure if it will happen or not. :-)

> Is there anyway to help with that migration ?

Most of the current "blockers" to the migration are related to
internal issues in Nokia but I think you could help on the continuous
integration part[1] of the migration.

Basically, we'd like to have a jhbuild moduleset that allows us to
build the whole Hildon stack from svn repository. You could help on
completing/improving the jhbuild moduleset and making sure everything
builds smoothly on different environments. One related document:

  http://maemo.org/community/wiki/HildonDesktopPortability

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks!

--lucasr