Re: gtk2-perl api change request

Murray Cumming said:
> OK. Approved, though it seems like a bizarre convention to me.

Thanks.

It does seem a little odd until you look at gtk+'s own versioning API,
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Feature-Test-Macros.html
.  The preprocessor symbols (compile-time info) are all-caps, and the actual
variables (runtime information) are lowercase.  We had discussed coming up
with something else a little less weird, and decided that having our bindings
work the same as the C APIs they bind was the easiest thing for all parties.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>