Re: GtkChamplain API broke somewhere from 0.6->0.8

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 19:01, Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca> wrote:
> Ooops, accidentally took this off-list. Sorry.
>
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Łukasz Jernaś <deejay1 srem org> wrote:
>>> OK, seems that the reason for this is that the get_view method is
>>> marked with "introspection=0" in the gir file and as such isn't
>>> exported in the introspection stuff. Now we just have to figure out
>>> how to export it properly ;)
>>
>> And the answer is.... 42.
>> OK, seriously there's a missing transfer annotation for that method in
>> the C source, but as I have absolutely no idea if it has to be set to
>> "none", "container" or "full"
>> (http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/Annotations) it's up to
>> Jiří to implement this.

There should be (transfer none) - at least from how I understand this:

http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/Annotations

Please let me know if it works for you. I've added --warn-all to the
g-ir-scanner flags to see all the warnings - there were about 10 more
occurrences where transfer had to be added.

A note about API stability - libchamplain's API is still evolving and
is not stable yet. You should check for libchamplain version in your
sources to make sure what functions are available.

Cheers,

Jiri