Re: libseed-list seed && GtkTreeSelection

"Well, I've seen this, but since the documentation is really lacking I
think I will wait a bit before using it. At the moment I'm still getting
familiar with the whole javascript+gnome combination.

When there is some documentation on how to get environment going I might
give it a try ;)"

Hi Tomas

Using SeedKit is really easy as it provides a User Interface front end
which is an effect a  webpage like regular internet based ones. As the
UI is essentially a wepage the beauty of it is there is stacks of tons
of documentation on the internet for web page design and webpage
frameworks like JQuery. All you need is a few webpage tutorials and
some knowledge of the GIO library and you can have applications up and
running in no time at all!!

>From what I've seen JQuery provides most of the types of widgets
you would get in a normal desktop based Graphical toolkit although the two
most noticeable exceptions I've noticed so foar is a Tree Selection and
a decent File chooser widget although those two should not be too hard
to replicate (I'm going to start a file chooser for the image viewer I
am currently working on).

The environment is easy to set up as all you need to download and
compile it. All the necessary package are in Ubuntu Lucid.  Running the
SeedKit programs is even easier. Once you have your HTML file with
associated Seed JavaScript written all you need to do is run it by
entering the command :

seedkit-viewer  <<your file.html>>

ie

seedkit-viewer log.html

For some more info about check out my blog which has a 2 examples,
albeit incomplete.

http://alsaf1.wordpress.com/category/gnome-seed/seedkit/