Re: [sigc] How to use sigc::bind<>

Am 12.11.2003 um 11:06 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > Am 2003.11.11 12:01 schrieb(en) Jeff Franks:
> >
> >> How about the other adapters like hide<>. I noticed that this
change
> >> looks like it duplicates the code in the bind.h compatibilty
file.

> I did have one thought. Can SigC::bind do what SigC::bind_return
already
> does:
>
> namespace SigC {
> using ::sigc::bind;
> }

I think SigC::bind() as opposed to sigc::bind() returns a slot. Maybe
SigC::bind_return() should also be changed to do this. At the moment I
cannot say whether it breaks the compatibility module if the adaptor
creator functions return adaptor functors instead of slots. More
testing is needed.

Anyway, I would like to avoid transfering the new bind<#>() API into
the compatibility module and then "using ::sigc::bind" isn't an
option.

Martin