Re: [sigc] Strange crashes in sigc::trackable on Mac OS X

On Jul 20, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 10:19 -0500, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
Hello all,

I am experiencing some strange crashes in sigc::trackable on Mac OS X
10.4, using Apple's GCC 4.0.1 and libsigc++-2.0.17 from Fink.

Is that the same version of g++ that was used by the Fink package?

Yes.

Have you tried using valgrind, or getting a gdb backtrace, or reducing
it to a simpler test case?

No, yes, no. I've stared at backtraces on Mac until I'm blue in the face, and couldn't figure out what was going on.

I finally have some insight, though, from dmalloc (and playing with TotalView a little): using a memory debugger set to repaint freed memory, I can force a segfault earlier (but still in the same destructor sequence from my code's perspective) where it seems that a slot is being destroyed twice. I'll work on assembling a simpler test case this afternoon.

- Michael