Re: [sigc] signals

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 03:52:09PM +0530, sundaresh wrote:
> Does a signal connection with a handler exist after the signal is
> caught once, or do we have to connect again in the signal handler like
> in conventional C programming ? It would be nice if the connection were
> required only once for the lifetime of the program.
> Please reply to this email, at the given address or to

Signal connections persist until they are explicitly disconnected, the
signal is destroyed, or the slot is invalidated somehow (e.g. it's
associated with a trackable which is destroyed).

Note, however, that the libsigc++ signals are an entirely different
concept from POSIX signals described in signal(7) and signal(2).
Attempting to relate them is not useful.

- Michael