Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] Exceptions / Abort parsing

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 21:15, christian altfrau de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tryed to throw an exception in a SaxParser::on_* function, but the
> program dies (receiving SIGABRT) instead of catching it. Isn't this
> possible because of libxml? And is there another way to stop parsing
> within these callback functions?

I have been thinking about this too. The exception isn't caught because
a C++ exception can't survive if thrown inside a function called from C.
You can catch exceptions inside the callback, but you can't catch
exceptions thrown _by_ a callback.

--
Murray Cumming
murray usa net