Re: Patch for new feature, show whitespace

On 21 June 2010 02:12, Jon Dufresne <jon dufresne gmail com> wrote:
> I created a patch to allow the user to show whitespace in diff. I
> prefer to look at my diffs this way. I have exposed this feature
> through the preferences the same what the show line numbers is done.
>
> Let me know what you think.

The patch looks mostly okay to me, though I suspect that some changes
to meld/util/sourceviewer.py are also needed for compatibility across
sourceview engines. However, I'll always be hesitant when adding
preferences, even though it seems like a reasonable request and would
certainly highlight tabs/spaces differences better than we currently
can.

Could you open a bug and attach your patch so that it doesn't get lost?

thanks,
Kai