documentation of small star on folder icons during dirdiff?

Hi,

I was confused when doing a dirdiff by what the significance could be
of the small star in the upper right of the folder icons in the dir
trees. I read most of the documentation here:
http://meldmerge.org/help/ but I did not see it mentioned.

I am guessing that if a file/directory has a star that means that it
has a newer modification (creation?) date than the other corresponding
file/directory. Is this correct? Is it documented anywhere?

The only previous message I could find that is possibly related is the
unanswered
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2010-September/msg00019.html

Thanks for such a fun and useful piece of software.

Scott