Re: Open empty comparator like WinMerge

On 6 January 2018 at 23:50, standa mitrega <standa31415 gmail com> wrote:
It would be even better if "File comparison" would be preselected.
In this case "Blank comparison" would be possible with single click of
mouse. And it would be possible to switch to directory or version control
comparison as usual.

The reason we don't do this is that if you skip the first step of
selecting what type of comparison you're starting, it's not obvious to
users how to start an different type, i.e., if we preselect file
comparison, it's likely that some people will get confused trying to
start a folder comparison.

cheers,
Kai