Timeline draft for the board elections

Hi all,

Here's a timeline draft I made quickly for the elections. This is more
or less the same timeline as last year.

One change I'm considering is to send the ballots on November 19th
instead of November 26th and change all the following dates accordingly.
This would mean less time for debating, but maybe this would keep people
more interested. Theory behind this: if we wait too much before sending
the ballots, people stop caring about the elections and do something
else. And forget to vote... But it might be too short for the candidates.

How do you feel about it? Do you have any idea to make it better?

Thanks,

(all deadlines are 23:59 UTC/18:59 EST)

    October 2004
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                1  2
 3  4  5  6  7  8  9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24(25)26 27 28 29 30  list of candidates open (25th)
31

    November 2004
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1  2  3  4 (5) 6  applications/renewals closed for elections (5th)
                      ask people what questions they want the
                      candidates to answer (use gnomedesktop.org) (5th)
 7 (8) 9(10)11 12 13  all candidates must be announced (8th), questions
                      to be sent to the candidates are choosed (8th)
                      announce list of candidates running for election,
                      questions emailed to all candidates (10th)
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25(26)27  ballots go out (26th)
28 29 30

    December 2004
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
          1  2  3  4
 5  6  7  8  9(10)11 all ballots must be returned (10th)
12(13)14 15 16 17 18 preliminary election result announced (13th)
19 20 21 22 23(24)25 challenges to election results close (24th)
26 27 28 29 30 31

In the case of a tie, there's another round of votes starting December
13th and ending December 20th.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.