[gnome.org #11767] AutoReply: Application received from Omer Akram (om26er AT ubuntu.com)

Your message about "Application received from Omer Akram (om26er AT ubuntu.com)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #11767].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Contact Information:
--------------------
Name: Omer Akram
E-mail: om26er AT ubuntu.com
git.gnome.org username (if any):

Previous GNOME Foundation member: no

GNOME contributions:
--------------------

I am Omer Akram and I forward bugs from launchpad to bugzilla, triage in bugzilla and discuss directly with
upstreams like empathy about the situation of their stack in Ubuntu. I have been sending bugs from launchpad
for more than a year. I triage for fun and I am not a programmer at all so no bug fixes of course. I became a
Ubuntu member only for triaging bugs.

The main part of my contributions is to empathy. I report bugs, discuss with developers on problems that need
attention. But thats not my only contribution. In launchpad I am subscribed empathy, evolution, rhythmbox,
totem and nautilus[1]. If there is a bug that needs special attention I usually forward it upstream. I am one
of the top contributor in launchpad for desktop bugs management[2] and all that involves these gnome
packages.. and some others. Although I am not a programmer but I can do basic packaging so these days I do
SRUs<Stable Release Update> i.e. backport the fixes for important bugs from git. For example a very famous
nautilus crash on un-mounting a usb[3] was fixed with my quick SRU. I can be called as a type of maintainer
of empathy in Ubuntu. Also I triage on weekdays and weekends so no skips ;)

In short, I believe that my contributions to Gnome are not temporary, I have been contributing to Gnome for
more than a year at a very consistent rate.

[1]https://bugs.launchpad.net/~om26er/+packagebugs
[2]https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+topcontributors
[3]https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/nautilus/+bug/683972

Contacts:
Guillaume Desmottes <guillaume.desmottes AT collabora.co.uk>
Empathy Developer and Gnome Foundation Member.

Sebastien Bacher <seb128 AT gnome.org>
Ubuntu Desktop Team lead and Gnome Foundation Member.

Ken VanDine <kvandine AT gnome.org>
Ubuntu integration Engineer and Gnome Foundation Member.

Other comments:
If I become a Gnome Foundation Member, I will be the first Pakistani to become one :)

[Application received at Mon Feb 14 16:26:22 2011 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the Membership Committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that it usually takes up to a week for an application to be fully
processed.