Re: [gnome.org #12631] GNOME Membership Application of Daniel Mustieles Garcia

Hola,

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 17:26 +0000, Andrea Veri via RT wrote:
Dear Andre and Jorge,

The GNOME Membership Committee is about to process Daniel Mustieles
Garcia's application to become a GNOME Foundation Member and therefore
we would like to receive some feedback about the applicant and the
GNOME-related work. (past and present contributions are usually fine)

Please remember that vouching for a contributor means you really think
the applicant deserves to be a Foundation Member and that you trust the
applicant and their work for the global GNOME community. If unsure about
vouching or not, please let us know why you don't feel comfortable
enough in advocating this applicant.

As I'm just back from several offline days and got some more mail to
wade through, let me try to keep this short:

Daniel is the leader of the Spanish GNOME translation team [1].
This team is [one of] the most powerful translation team[s] that GNOME
has. As one of the "early translators" in the GNOME development cycle he
and his team provide very helpful input for developers by filing
localization bug reports against applications (something that other,
smaller teams often do not have the manpower or time for). You can also
see Daniel's Bugzilla activity on his account page at [2].

Other attendees of the GNOME Documentation hackfest in Brno three weeks
ago several times jokingly wondered if Daniel is human, as his speed of
translation is highly impressive - commit a change to the documentation,
have it translated a few minutes later by Daniel. No kidding.

Coomunication in private emails with regard to translations and Bugzilla
permissions has always been friendly and fast.

As I remember that Jorge was wondering for a while about how and who to
pass coordinatorship of the Spanish GNOME translation team, I am very
happy about his choice and decision.
I would highly appreciate if and totally support that Daniel becomes a
GNOME Foundation member.

Thanks,
andre

[1] http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/es/