Re: Welcome to the "foundation-announce" mailing list

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 12:39 AM,
<foundation-announce-request gnome org> wrote:
Welcome to the foundation-announce gnome org mailing list!

I got this email at about the same time as my membership renewal so I
assume the two are related. It seems my personal email address, which
I did not provide in the form, was forcefully subscribed to the
mailing list. My GNOME address, which I did provide, was already
subscribed to that list. I see two issues that I would like to be
addressed here:
* how did my personal address end up being used?
* why would anyone be forcefully subscribed?

The latter feels especially weird as the renewal notifications already
contains a suggestion to subscribe.

Looking forward to your reply,

--
Alexandre Franke