Re: Nautilus View / Listeners compared with Windows Namespace extension questions

<quote who="Alexander Larsson">

> However, we have realized that views, as they exist now, are pretty
> useless when it comes to extending nautilus since you have to reimplement
> everything to have a view that isn't broken. What most people really want
> is to be able to modify the standard directory views. So, for Gnome 2.6
> we're gonna make a new plugin system that allows you to...

> So, really we want people to sort of ignore views, at least for
> directories, and tell us what sort of extensions they want to do of the
> standard directory views.

Dear Alex,

You make me want to be a better hacker. [1]

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] http://imdb.com/title/tt0119822/

   I must be getting old... Buying toothpaste with gel in it is no longer
                           an Absolute Necessity.