Setting up 802.1x environment

Hello,

I'd like to implement the 802.1x authentication for wired networks in NetworkManager. One of many problems I have is that I currently only have access to an 802.1x environment on Tuesday and Wednesday and I don't want to wait each week to test my changes.

Is it somehow possible to implement such an environment in software? The only thing I would need at first is a working authentication, the other things should be pretty easy to do.

Christian