Re: A problem compiling NetworkManager.

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 09:23 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > Here during the autogen.sh step I get these errors:
> > Checking for required M4 macros...
> >  libtool.m4 not found
> >  glib-gettext.m4 not found
> > Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
> > ***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build NetworkManager
> >  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
> >  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
> >  ACLOCAL_FLAGS?
> >
> > What is the correct proceedure to fix these errors and procede? I
> > appologize if the problem has been well discussed before and I missed
> > it.
>
> $ rpm -qf `locate libtool.m4`
> libtool-1.5.22-2.3
> $ rpm -qf `locate glib-gettext.m4`ell you weere half right

Well you were half right. glib2-devel was notinstalled. Things got
further but I was stopped in my tracks by the error message:
Package requirements not met: dbus-glib-1 >= 0.60

Now that is a puzzle since I can't find that program anywhere except for
a site that cannot be reached. At least for FC5.

One more thing is this NetworkManager I am trying to produce the one
that has LEAP support? Otherwise I am wasting my time.

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net>