A couple of minor issues

Hi all!

As I'm using a dhcp served network now, with both, wired and wireless LAN available, i thought i should give the current stable version (0.6.4) of network manager a try. I'm on a pretty customized debian unstable, with 2.6.19 kernel, an ipw2200 (driver version 1.2.0) network card and wireless extension 19. Everything works fine so far, switching between networks works pretty good. But on my day-to-day usage of nm I've come across two minor issues I thought I should let you developer guys know of:

1) My laptop (like many other laptops i think) has a bright and, when not connected, flashing LED for the ipw2200 which I turn off when I'm on the wired network. When turning the ipw2200 on and unplugging the wired network card, NM does not immediately connect to the wireless network. I takes up to two minutes until I'm able to "see" the wireless networks around me in the kde applet. And then, NM connects automatically to my preferred network. During that time there seems to be no way to update the list, not even manually. "iwlist eth1 scan" on a command shows all available networks correctly.

2) There should be some checking of the mac address of the AP networkmanager wants to connect to. I use my laptop on two different locations and it happens to be that the 2nd site has a (WEP key secured) wireless network floating around which ESSID is equal to that of the first site's WLAN but is in this case NOT the AP I want to connect to. NM always tries to connect to this one although the mac addresses are totally different. It refuses to choose my preferred network on the second site automatically. I can select the right one from the kde applet, though, and everything works flawlessly.

Besides this, i think NM is a great leap forward in how a linux desktop handles the network devices. On the other hand, it is still some way behind the Windows (wireless) network client which i think works almost perfect.