Re: change wpa-psk authentication timeout

On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 18:59 +0100, Fabio Airoldi wrote:
> I have an authentication timeout when connecting to my wireless network.
> However if I move closer to the AP I can connect without problems, and
> even if I go back to my desk the connection doesn't drop.
>
> I am using networkmanager v 0.7.1 on fedora 11 (kernel 2.6.30.9). I
> tried setting iwlagn parameters (disable_hw_scan, sw_crypto ... almost
> every combination possible) but nothing changed.
>
> Is it possible to increase the authentication timeout? Maybe this is a
> dumb question but I wasn't able to find any documentation about
> timeouts.

The full WPA connection timeout for NM is about 30 seconds.  That's
usually plenty of time for the supplicant to scan, find the AP, initiate
the 4-way handshake, and finish it, *especially* for WPA.  I'm very
curious about why your setup is taking longer.  You can put the option
"-dddt" into
your /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.service file at teh end of the "Exec=" line, then 'killall -TERM wpa_supplicant', then attempt to reproduce the issue, and mail me /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log so we can see what's going on.

Dan