Re: Excessive NM log entries

Le 12/11/2010 14:22, Timothy Murphy a écrit :
> Over half the entries in my /var/log/messages (under Fedora-14/KDE)
> are NetworkManager messages.
> I've never found these of the slightest use on the fairly rare occasions
> when NM fails.
>
> Is there any way of cutting down on these communications?

I had a similar problem with my dhclient on Fedora-13. This is how I
now extract dhclient logs to a dedicated file:

ci -l -t- /etc/rsyslog.conf
cat <<EOF >>/etc/rsyslog.conf
:programname, isequal, "dhclient"  /var/log/dhclient.log
:programname, isequal, "dhclient"  ~
EOF

Obvious alternatives are:
- asking NM *itself* to redirect its logs?
- reducing NM's log level?