Re: Second try at: How to get a completely clean/pristine installation of nm on Ubuntu 12.10?

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Chris Green <cl isbd net> wrote:
Sorry about that last message with this subject, the message had a
perfectly sensible question in it but it had very little relation to the
subject line!

So, to the question as in this message's subject.

Given that I have several systems where I have massaged various files in
/etc/network and /etc/NetworkManager by hand how can I get them back to
a state where all of the network configuration is managed by Network
Manager?  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling network-manager but
that doesn't seem to do it.

The one file that matters most to have your connections managed by NetworkManager is /etc/network/interfaces.

You can comment out all the entries there (with the exception of the one for the "lo" loopback interface) to have all your connections managed by NetworkManager.

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl@gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl@gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93