Re: Orca Hardware synths

Mike Pedersen writes:
Hi Sean,
Was wondering if the ORCA screen reader going to support hardware synths?  I
haven't managed to find them in the configuration.
If you install and configure the emacspeak speech servers you will be
able to use several hardware synths with Orca.  I have never done this
myself but I know several people on the list who are using the Dectalk
Express successfully.

And, if someone would step up and add support for /dev/synth to Orca, it
could natively support Speakup's drivers. Unfortunately,only having
emacspeak based drivers leaves out the vast majority of current Linux
console users. Not that there's anything wrong with emacspeak or
supporting its drivers, it's just that most console users are elsewhere.

Janina

Mike