Re: Orca strange text,was Re: Announcement of highlighted text

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 11:52:24AM -0500, Ricky Enger wrote:
Hi Hermann and all,

I too have experienced this oddity with Orca spouting strange text
and until now, I assumed I was the only one having the problem.

I can't paste an exact transcript of what's being said, since the
text seems not to actually appear on the screen.  It just gets sent
to the synth.  The text is something like:
Project version, Orca.  Ms GID, report bugs to: P.O.T,
Creation date: blah.
PO revision date: blah
Last translator: David Lodge, dave cert net, Language Team.
Mime Version: 1.0.

There's more, but that's the gist of it.  This text is reliably
reproducible in the following situations:

Using flat review, moving by line  in Gnome-terminal, this text is
always spoken when landing on the prompt.

In Gedit, again using flat review to move by line, the text is spoken
any time more than one blank line is encountered.

It also occurs pretty frequently when Orca automatically speaks the
contents of a page loaded in Firefox 3.

I suspect the problem is somewhere in Gnome-speech, since it occurs
when I'm using either the Gnome-speech Speech-dispatcher driver or
the Gnome-speech Phonix driver, but not when using the
Speech-Dispatcher backend or Emacspeak speech services.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue using orca 2.17.3.
Unfortunately, I have not enough time at the moment to look at the debug
output and to inspect the source code.

Regards,
--
Olivier BERT