Re: [orca-list] Other keys for orca keyboard commands

The "Key Bindings" tab of the Orca Preferences GUI lets you both analyze
and modify keybindings.  At the end of
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/ConfigurationGui is text describing how to
change the bindings:

'To modify either the "Key Binding" or the "Alternate" bindings, arrow
to the cell and press Return. Then, press a key combination and press
Return to confirm the new combination. When you do so, the new keystroke
will be saved and the check box in the last column (the "Modified"
column) will indicate that the key binding has been modified.

To unmodify a modified keybinding, merely arrow to the modified column,
uncheck the checkbox, and press the "Apply" button (Alt+a).'

Having said that, you might also look at the "Laptop" bindings:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/LaptopKeyboardCommands

You can turn the "Laptop" bindings on via the "General" tab of the Orca
GUI preferences.  Once you've done that you can customize individual
bindings using the method described above.

Hope this helps,

Will

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 19:49 +0200, Jan Buchal wrote:
"WW" == Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM> writes:

    WW> I think it is impossible via the preferences GUI, but it it
    WW> possible by editing your user-settings.py or
    WW> orca-customizations.py file. The following, for example, should
    WW> turn your 'w', 'i', and 'l' keys into the Orca modifier (nobody
    WW> needs those letters anyway):

    WW> orca.settings.orcaModifierKeys = ["w", "i", "l"]
I mean not modifier key only but other on numpad. So redefine all
command.