Orca ff3 testing platform

Hello,
Many of the problems cited in messages on this list seem to relate back
to machines
running  different variants of linux and I suppose solaris.  So during
this period of ff3 testing would it be helpful for users and developers
to decide on a common platform?  Once the testing phase were reasonably
stable on the given platform, testing could be expanded to alternative
distros.

This is obviously not a complete solution because it does not take into
account the variation in hardware, but it would reduce the vagueries
introduced by software differences.

lorenzo's experience is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
He thought that upgrading to Feisty was a good thing because he would
receive the advantages
the 2.18 gnome packages.  But the ff3 developers are apparently testing
on some other software platform.

I don't want to open up the "which is the best distro" debate, but I
would like to see a particular one endorsed for ff3 and orca testing.
If making such a policy statement would place the orca team in an
uncomfortable position, we could at least have some informal feedback
on this list from testers' experiences using a variety of distros.

Chris