Re: [orca-list] Cannot use my Braille display with Orca... screen not in text mode.

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 15:23 +0200, Fabrizio Marini wrote:
Michael Whapples ha scritto:
Did you get brltty to start automatically? If not, I think in ubuntu the
script is set up that it might have a line near the beginning which
contains the command "exit", and near by a comment saying that you need
to comment out the line to allow brltty to load,

Which script are you talking about? Is it /etc/init.d/brltty? If so,
I couldn't find the line you said.
I was meaning /etc/init.d/brltty, it must be another distro or package
which was doing that. I was trying to remember as I don't use ubuntu
now, and as shown here memory is not always perfect.
Anyway, I found other solutions to the problem. I'll try them and
I'll let you know, if you're interested.
I can think of other ways too (I use one on my system, although the specific files would differ to those
you would need to edit, but I know the technique works). You can add to the local start up file (probably
/etc/init.d/local.start or something similar, in /etc/init.d/ with local in its file name and if more than
one, the one which indicates start up. Mine is /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but as I said I don't expect mine to
match what you should find as I use slackware which is different), you would add the line "/bin/brltty"
without quote marks. You can add any options to that as you would enter them on the command line eg.
"/bin/brltty -b al -d usb:" would load brltty with the alva braille driver and try to connect to the alva
through usb.

From
Michael Whapples
Thank you for your help.