Re: [orca-list] miscellaneous Orca comments

Hello, Tomas:

Tomas Cerha writes:
Janina Sajka wrote:
I'm having only two problems going back and forth between my console
based screen sessions and the gui desktop. Accessing clipboard data is
one of them. The other is tts integration. Speech Dispatcher is supposed
to fix that, but at the moment our tests suggest it's not ready for
that, so I'm using separate TTS engines in each.

Hello Janina,

do I understand it well that you have a problem sharing a single TTS
engine between Orca with Speech Dispatcher backend and speakup with
speechd-up?  This usually works reliably, so I'd be interested in
hearing more details if it fails for you.

Actually, the problem isn't sharing. The problem is the usability of
speechd_up. Bill Acker posted about this on the Speakup list last month:

http://speech.braille.uwo.ca/pipermail/speakup/2008-February/045552.html

This was with the latest speechd_up we could find, which appears to be a
release candidate from 2005.

Janina

Best regards, Tomas