Re: [orca-list] Capital, Capital, Capital

am Do 20. Mär 2008 um 13:00:03 schrieb Peter Vágner <peter v datagate sk>:
[...]
I guess this is also related to how Orca processes keys. It does not
handle what has just been typed but instead it captures what has been
pressed. So I guess we can't fix this in the synth backends.

I don't think so. If this is true, why do I have to change the SayAll
keystroke in my German laptop layout?
The original key is Orca+semikolon, which is an "ö" in German. Provided
Orca handels keys as they are pressed, the invokation of Orca+ö should
read the whole document. But nothing happens. Instead: When I press
Orca+semicolon (in German a comma), I hear teh whole document read, and
the SayCurrentCharacter function has gone.
Moreover: Defining Orca+ö as SayAll does not work, because Orca cannot
"understand" that "ö".
To make a long story short: How is the keyboard coding handled?
I use Orca 2.22.0, Gutsy on an Acer laptop. But this happens in every
Orca version.
Hermann