Re: [orca-list] Accessible installation programs

Hi Luke,

I completely agree with the rest of your points, but...

I'm guessing that this sort of solution is precluded by the first constraint I mentioned above--there isn't space on the installation CD for the recordings, Braille table, or the mechanisms to deliver them to the user, not to mention the facilities needed for other ATs.

Recording for all the menu is tedious to constantly update etc, and yes, there is the issue of space.

Why not make recording speech for the boot menu be an automated task, using a TTS engine to generate the WAV/Ogg/Speex files for the install CD?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.