Re: [orca-list] Time Script Update

Hi Storm:

The directory where orca is started and then the ~/.orca directory are
added to the beginning of sys.path.  When it needs to find the Script
class for an application focus_tracking_presenter then searches a number
of packages for a script module whose name has been mapped to via
settings.getScriptModuleName.  The name of the script module usually
matches the name of the application.

So...the short answer is that Orca will look for specific scripts under
your ~/.orca/scripts area.  Randomly dropped in python modules will not
be loaded unless they are scripts that match
settings.getScriptModuleName output.

Hope this helps,

Will

I found out there is nothing actually wrong with the script itself.  I
put it in orca-customizations.py and it works.  So, maybe I am
misunderstanding something about the custom script area.  I thought it
was a folder that could have python scripts inserted into it and would
load them?  IS this the way it works, as long as it has an __init__.py
file in it? I thought the orca-scripts directory had to be created but
mine was already there.  So too was the __init__.py file.  I didn't
check to see if it was blank though.  Should I remove the directory
and re-create it?