Re: [orca-list] Double speaking with Orca

Hi
This is actually an issue with speech dispatcher and ALSA. I personally use Pulseaudio, so I don't get bit by this, but what happens is when using speech dispatcher with ALSA it queues up the sound but, when the sound is supposed to be interrupted, the buffer isn't flushed immediately so the sound doesn't stop. You'll notice that when pressing ctrl to silence Orca there is a bit of a delay before speech actually goes silent, this is another manifestation of the same issue. This is actually specific to speech dispatcher and ALSA, Orca is not causing this one.