[orca-list] installing gnome and orca on debian lenny

Hi

I am using debian lenny with speakup.  I do not have any graphical
interface installed.

Thinking of trying gnome and orca, mainly for web browsing.

So, wondering about the best way to get gnome and orca?  Can I just use
apt-get?

Also, any chance that any of this could mess up speakup and the command
line?

I may use another hard drive so, again, the best way of getting orca if
I start with another drive?

Should I let the installer get the desktop computer packages or should I
manually install packages?

Thanks

Keith