[orca-list] Login Sound not coming out of default Sound Device

I have two external USB sound devices hooked up to my system.

I amusing Ubuntu 9.04.

In the System / Preferences / Default Sound Device, I selected to use my SB-Live device.

When I restart the computer, here is what happens:

1.       My computer beeps as (presumably) the login screen appears.

2.       The drum sound indicating that its time to login comes out of my other sound device, an EMU 0202 USB device, and not the SB-Live USB device (which was selected as the default).

3.       I log in.

4.       I now hear the login sound coming out of my SB-Live device (as it should).

5.       Orca begins to speak out of the SB-Live device (as it should).

Thus, the question is, why is the login bongo sound coming out of the EMU device if I have the SB-Live device selected as the default?  Is there any way to fix this?

Also, on a side note, can I get Orca to say “Login” or “Enter Login” when the login prompt first appears?  Thus, I’m looking for Orca to start at the system level before I actually log in.

Thanks.

--Pete