[orca-list] orca on debian

Wonder if there are any debian users on the list.

I have been trying to get gnome and orca working.

So far, I have updated my apt/sources.list and used apt to install gnome
from squeeze.

When gnome starts, I get the orca selection choices for language and
synth.

However, I am finding that the arrow keys have no affect and once orca
has read the screen, I cannot get it to speak again.

I presume that I should be able to make a selection with the arrow or
tabb?

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug?

Also, would like to stop gdm from starting.  I want to boot in to the
command line and only start gnome on demand.

Perhapse it would be better to reply offlist as this may be considered
offtopic.

Thanks

Keith